Wednesday 5 December 2012

practice masthead

I wanted to try out the beat masthead on a practise front cover, although its quite a basic front cover it will still give me a feel for how it will look. I don't really like how this sits on the page, I don't think it looks that professional and it would be hard to choice a good layout with this type of logo.

I looked at 'Instyle' magazine and it gave me some influence on how to edit the logo abit:
I like how the masthead is like a banner and goes all the way across the page, I think it stands out from the rest of page as it dominates the top of the page.


This is my improved beat masthead but on the same template. I changed the colour of the background so its slightly lighter as I felt for a pop magazine the red before was a bit dark as usually pop is related to brighter colours. Also the font is different, its softer than the first logo again because I think for a pop audience it needs to be softer. Having the banner type masthead allows room at the top for either the date line and price or the a selling line.

No comments:

Post a Comment