Friday 7 December 2012

Contents Page articles ideas

I have started to look at music magazine contents pages to get some ideas on what type of articles I can include in my magazine, I have looked at Q, Billboard, NME for inspiration.
I am going to split my articles up into sections: Features, Interviews, reviews and every issue. I decided this because these are the typical things you would see in a music magazine.


If you look at these two contents pages from NME and Q you can see that they split their articles up to make it easier to follow for the reader. Also on both contents pages the section 'Features' and 'Review' is on both this suggests these are two key features that should feature in my magazine. NME is a weekly magazine as that may be the reason why they do not have a section for regular articles, as if they were to put them in every week it could get boring for the reader. However Q is a monthly magazine like mine will be and they have a 'every month' feature which has regular features that readers enjoy in it. Also as my target audience questionair highlighted the need for interviews I decided I wouldhave a section based on artist interviews.

potiental ideas

Features:
  • Woman in pop - this will be an article on how females are dominating the pop genre at the moment
  • Festival Decisions - an articles about which music festival is right for you and how to decide.
  • 'band name' picture special - this is an exclusive article featuring behind the scene pictures from a bands tour
  • In the studio - explains the day in an atrists life when recording
Interviews:
  • The new boy - an interview with the new boy of pop
  • Selena exclusive - my double page spread with the cover artist
  • The first lady of pop - an inteview with the woman who is taking over the pop industery
  • The USA take over - the hottest boy band discuss their trip to america
  • Quick fire - A quick fire questionaire with an artist
Reviews:
  • Albums - Reviewing the new albums out this month
  • Conor Live - articles reviewing how good a male artist is live
  • The Book of shame - negative review of an atrists biography
Every Month:
  • Access all areas - monthly diary with a artist
  • What I think - monthly articles written by the editor on what she thinks about this months news in pop
  • Beat Mail - Answering questions that are sent in by readers

No comments:

Post a Comment