Thursday 20 December 2012

Editing the cover star picture

I have started to edit my cover star photo on paint.net.
This is my original photo:

One of the first things I wanted to do was delete the background and especially the date line on it. I find that after removing the background on the picture it fits onto different background easier.
I then wanted to add an elbow onto the left arm as I chopped it of when taking the photo, so I copied the right elbow and flipped it over and re sized it to be the left elbow. The problem was then that the colours were different

I adjusted the colour using the colour filter on paint.net so it looked more realistic.

This is how it came out, although it is not perfect if I have the main cover line in that area you shouldn't be able to notice it.

This is the edited photo with the masthead, I wanted to change the lighting and edit it a bit as I felt it looked to much like an unprofessional photo at the moment.


I used 'soften portrait' on paint.net to change the colour slightly and soften the picture.

I like how the colour is a little darker as I feel her features, especially her eyes stand out more now. This means the direct eye contact with the reader is stronger. Also I think it softens the outline of the picture making it look more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment