Thursday 15 November 2012

target Audience Profile for my magazine

In order to help me start comming up with ideas for my magazine I need to create a target audience so that I know who im  trying to make my magazine appeal to.

Target audience profile:

Age: 16-25

Gender: Male and Female. However some of the artists who would appear in the magazines may appeal to females more (eg: JLS) but on a whole it will be a unisex magazine

Music style: people who enjoy listening to Pop music. My target audience will enjoy most of the songs that are in the Uk chart, which could consists mainly of Pop, although there are elements R&B and dance in some pop songs. Their music style will be very main stream.

Interests: They enjoy listening to music and attending festivals and concerts. My target audience would attend festivals such as V Fest, Glastonbury and T4 on the beach as these festivals have a mix of artists that have dominated the chart over the past year and there are usually a wide range of pop artists. Aside from music my target audience will also be interested in the personal lives of the celebritys. Although the magazine is music based, in interviews there will also be questions where the interviewer is trying to find out some gossip on their lives. My target audience may have an interest in main stream fashion and shop in high street stores such as Topshop. Some of the featured artists may be also seen as a fashion icon, such as Katy Perry and Cheryl Cole.

Favourtie Atrists: Their favourite artists/bands are those which are very populare in the uk at the moment, these may include Adele, Emeli Sande, Rita Ora, Ed Sheeran, Chris Brown, Ne-yo, JLS,Fun and LMFAO

Magazines they read: They would be subscribed to Billboard as you can not buy it in the UK  and sometimes read Q if the main cover star is someone they like as Q have a mix of artists, although sometimes they are mainstream artists such as Lady Gaga, Cheryl Cole and Plan B
On a whole my target audience will be very mainstream pop and are very up to date with the latest trends.

No comments:

Post a Comment