Thursday 17 January 2013

comparing my front cover to a billboard front cover

I decided that I would compare my front cover with a Billboard magazine as this is the type of magazine I am basing my magazine on.
Although the layout is slightly different it will still give me an idea of wether I am on the right track.

This is my front cover as it stands.
After looking at the Billboard cover above and other Billboard magazines I think my cover star needs to be slightly larger. I also think I should add some more colour in to it, I have noticed a few Billboard magazines have text highlighted in a colour, for example "the song of the summer" on the magaziner above is in blue. I could do this with my magazine and link it in with the red and gold on my masthead.
I also think I m  need another coverline in the bottom left as there is quite a bit of blank space.
This is my editted front cover:

I think the highlighted text adds some more colour to the magazine and makes it look more realistic. I also added a name above the "concert of the year" coverline as before it wasnt clear who the article was about.

No comments:

Post a Comment