Sunday 7 October 2012

Vibe double page spread

This double page spread is from Vibe magazine. I wanted to have a look at double page spreads to do with chart music as I before I had only really seen double page spreads from magazines such as Kerrang. When researching and looking at the layouts of different double pages, this one stood out to me.
The double page is split into thirds horizontally, with the top third being 7 different  images of Solange Knowles dancing across the back. I really like the colour scheme used here, the grey, black and blue really contrast well against eachother. The main image of Solange Knowles stands out as she is wearing bright clothes, which differs from the basic colour scheme, however as a whole this works really well. The use of the blue ' Solange Knowles' will indicate to the reader who it is, and most of the target audience would know that she is related to R&B superstar Beyonce Knowles, this would attract Beyonce as well as Solange fans.  The main things I liked about this magazine were the smaller images of Solange Knowles at the top. I think this gives the page some character and shows of Solange Knowles fun side.




No comments:

Post a Comment