Friday 8 February 2013

making my improvements

After having my peer assessment feed back I decided to change bits of my magazine accordingly

I changed the Selena to the red like suggested and I think it looks good as it adds more colour but still fits into the colour scheme. However I think having all the main cover line in red is a bit to much red and stops the Selena from standing out as much, so I decided I should change the "ill never play the game" to a different colour.

I changed the background to black because I wanted to keep in with my strong colour scheme (black gold and red) because this is a strong point of my magazine according to my peer assessment.
By changing the colours around the Selena will be easily read, which is important as my research shows that my target audience buy the magazine mostly because of the cover star.

Another improvement mentioned was to add page numbers on my double page spread so I did this:


I made the page numbers red to link in with the colour scheme and they are also quite small and in the corner of the page as this is how they usually are in magazines.

I changed the Selena font as it was slightly blurry and some of the S was cut off. This is the new font
I prefer this font as it looks more pop as its more simpler. After re looking at my old font I do think it had an urban feel.
I also changed the font on my double page spread as I wanted to keep a consistant font.

No comments:

Post a Comment