Monday 4 March 2013

final product

Front cover:

I have kept to a conventional layout of a front cover with the main cover line being in the centre and the other cover lines surrounding the cover star. I decided to do this because I wanted to make my cover star and main cover line the main focus of my cover as my research shows this is what my readers think is the most important thing. I edited out the background of my cover star image using Paint.Net because after looking at similar magazines to mine I noticed most of them did this. I created quite a few mastheads before deciding on this one as I wanted to be able to choose from a few ideas. I decided on this one in the end as I liked the fact it had colour in it, as this would enable me to have an on going colour scheme.

Contents:

This is probably my weakest peice in my opinion as I think the fonts are a bit too basic, so if I was to do this again I would spend more time finding apprioate fonts. I do think the layout resembles a real magazine, as I tryed to make it basic and easy to understand. I like the picture of the male singing as it is a real picture of a concert, I think this shows a varition to the other picutures in my magazine.




Double page spread:

I think this is the best part of my project, as I particually like how the photos came out. I like that the reader can see the different sides of her personality which will make the reader feel as though they know her. I kept the 'Selena' font the same as the front cover as I wanted to keep an on going theme. I kept the interview chatty and informal because my target audience are quite laid back people.

No comments:

Post a Comment