Saturday 22 September 2012

research into Billboard magazine

I'm thinking of creating a music magazine based on chart music, mainly POP. The reason behind this is that I personally am interested in this genre of music and feel I would be best suited creating a magazine that I personally would want to buy as then I can refer to myself as almost a potential customer. Billboard magazine is similar to something Id like to create so I research into the magazine to find out more about this genre.
Billboard is an international newsweekly magazine devoted to the music industry, and is one of the oldest trade magazines in the world. It maintains several internationally recognised music charts that track the most popular songs and albums in various categories on a weekly basis.
I looked at a few of their cover stars and they range from Justin Bieber to Adele, each cover has another world famous artist on the it. My favourite cover though is this one:
 
I really like how Pink is used as the I on this cover.  I think its really unique and different and therefor caught my eye straight away. Although it is unusual for there to be a bigger font then the mast head on the cover, for this it works. If possible I would like to use the idea of using the image as a letter in my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment