Sunday 28 October 2012

Double page spread layout

I wanted some inspiration on layouts for double page spread interviews, so i looked around at different magazines and this type of layout was my favourite:
This double page spread it from 'We Love Pop', a monthly magazine for "pop loving teenagers". In this double page spread Rihanna is being interviewed, Rihanna is the type of artist I would also like to have in my magazine, so I thought this double page spread would be a good source of inspiration.
I like how the headline is something Rihanna says as it gives the reader a sneak peak of the interview but also makes them curious as to what else she said. Underneath the Masthead is a smaller strap line which summarises the interview, again this is a good technique to interest the reader.
I like how there is a question and answer interview and that the question is in a different colour making it easier to follow. The main thing I like about this page though is the layout of the pictures and text. The text is split up into columns and is separated by the two pictures of Rihanna, this gives a good mix of text and pictures. Having the main picture of Rihanna in between the two columns of texts means that the picture is centre and grabs your attention first. Also the picture of Rihanna and Nicki Minaj is one that they have taken themselves which adds a personal touch to the interview and shows Rihanna in a care free environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment